[dev] Oscar status

Duck duck at obala.net
Mon Oct 22 08:23:21 UTC 2007

On Monday 22 of October 2007 06:44:28 Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:
> I agree. I have a number of todos and saved example sites for
> improving the developer-oriented aspects of www.horde.org and/or
> dev.horde.org, which should include promoting incubator apps as well.

If you need help....

> We're in an interesting position here in that the future of Horde 4
> development (which is essentially what the incubator stuff is) is PHP
> 5.3+, but there's a bunch of PHP 5.2 code now that runs well and that
> you at least are using in production. I don't know if there's an ETA
> on PHP 5.3.0 yet, but how do you feel about the newer code moving that
> way?

5.3 is estimated for 1Q of 2008. A Half year is a little bit long, counting
additional first bugs and 5.3.1. But as I am running my apps mainly on my
servers managing modules in this way would be an big issue. But I will really
like to see 5.3 stable before forcing its features.

Duck