[dev] Ansel / Horde_Image_Effect and image format choice.

Michael Rubinsky mike at theupstairsroom.com
Mon Oct 22 23:18:08 UTC 2007

With all the image effect stuff we've been talking about for adding
"pretty" thumbnails to Ansel, etc... It dawned on me that most of what
we are trying to do will really only work if using png as the image
format.  Without the transparent background, the jpg images would look
horrible.

I suppose we will have to check for the configured image format and
either use the 'new' stuff, or fall back to what we currently do.  The
only issue is for existing installations that might for whatever
reason have switched from one to the other and thus have a mix of
formats already generated. I guess for those, we could provide a
script to scrub the vfs of horde-generated images?

Just kinda talking out loud at this point...and hoping for some inspiration :)

--
Thanks
Mike

"Time just hates me, that's why it made me an adult." - Josh Joplin