[dev] Oscar status

Michael Rubinsky mike at theupstairsroom.com
Thu Oct 25 01:40:56 UTC 2007

> Quoting Michael Rubinsky <mike at theupstairsroom.com>:
>
>> Without knowing what your ideas are, I know a number of us (myself
>> included) have personal blogs and sites that mention Horde stuff,
>> I'd  like to either see these receive more attention on the horde
>> site, or  maybe even use Thomas as a platform for displaying this
>> type of  stuff...of course, then there's the issue of actually
>> taking the time  to write the entries, but that's a different story ;)
>
> Yup, I see the Horde Blogs accordion tabs on www.horde.org as the
> start of this, but I'd like to see it be even more prominent. If you
> have a Horde-tagged feed you'd like to add here for now, just let me
> know - we've got 3 so far.

Cool, I'll add mine then.  I've been meaning to do that for a
bit...one of the reasons I've been fiddling with those composite
channels in Jonah :)

> Speaking of all this, what's your take on Jonah vs. Thomas?

Well, I think that for a *community* type of blog where you have a
group of people contributing regularly then Thomas *might* be a better
choice but, personally, I've been using Jonah to power a number of
blog-like websites and I think that Jonah provides more flexibility
for that type of use, has a more fully featured api etc... I don't
know, I'm thinking that might be a better way to go for us...some
quick thoughts include creating an aggregate feed for all the horde
feeds we currently pull now....create a composite feed that serves as
the 'Official' news - pulling an internal feed from  each of the devs
etc...

Of course, some of that depends on how you wanted to present the
articles - integrated into our website (my choice) or a link from the
site to a Jonah / Thomas install.

Thanks,
mike

--