[dev] Jonah vs. Thomas

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Thu Oct 25 19:34:21 UTC 2007

> So, I still think that having two feed/news/blog applications doesn't
> make a whole lot of sense. I have spent a lot of time with Jonah but
> IMO it's not worth to work on two feed creators with the limited
> developer resources we have. Assuming that Thomas provides us with the
> feed generation capabilities that Jonah has, or can at least be
> updated easily to be on par with it, how about making Jonah a pure
> feed aggregator and reader? Obviously we finally need to allow users
> to add and manage their own feeds, but that's a different story.

I agree that having two isn't ideal. I think that having a separate
feed aggregation/reading app isn't so useful though; unless we had an
api like listTimeObjects that provided virtual folders to IMP - which
would be interesting but sounds a little crazy :) - having the
functionality in IMP/DIMP seems more useful.

-chuck