[dev] Ansel / Horde_Image_Effect and image format choice.

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Mon Oct 29 00:02:15 UTC 2007

Quoting Michael Rubinsky <mike at theupstairsroom.com>:

> Yea, I toyed around with some sort of background setting, but kept
> getting stuck on dealing with different theme choices...if we let
> Ansel - or even individual galleries - specify some of the theme
> settings then that would solve a whole host of issues.
>
> It _does_ seem like it would be a huge undertaking though...

If we start out with just specifying some simple styles for the actual
image display area, I think this is manageable. I'm not saying that
all possible colors would look _good_ here - especially with, say, the
Barbie theme - but we could offer foreground and background color
settings and go from there (like of like how iPhoto lets you pick the
background color of your images, but the "chrome" of the rest of the
app is unchanged).

And I think this is worth it.

-chuck