[dev] Questioning Horde_Currencies

Duck duck at obala.net
Mon Oct 29 16:02:03 UTC 2007

On Monday 29 of October 2007 15:29:30 Jan Schneider wrote:
> This thread had never been finished and I would like to bring it back
> to the table now that the financial apps in the incubator are
> maturing. I still would like to see Horde_Currencies go away.

I will still like to see a class for this. It can handle future tasks like
exchanging values. For example currencies->exchanging(value, to_currency) and
you do not care about which is the current currency or where and how the
exchange value is. As I remember the initial point was to not duplicate the
formatting parameters already presented in system locale? Not taking in
account the decimal places, which can differ from public and b2b purposes.

Duck