[dev] Questioning Horde_Currencies

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Mon Oct 29 15:54:15 UTC 2007

Zitat von Duck <duck at obala.net>:

> On Monday 29 of October 2007 15:29:30 Jan Schneider wrote:
>> This thread had never been finished and I would like to bring it back
>> to the table now that the financial apps in the incubator are
>> maturing. I still would like to see Horde_Currencies go away.
>
> I will still like to see a class for this. It can handle future tasks like
> exchanging values. For example currencies->exchanging(value, to_currency) and
> you do not care about which is the current currency or where and how the

This could still be done with a lightweight class for that purpose.
But it doesn't justify duplicating existing locale functionality,
limiting users to the locales (currencies) that admins have created,
and requiring admins to create those currencies.

> exchange value is. As I remember the initial point was to not duplicate the
> formatting parameters already presented in system locale? Not taking in
> account the decimal places, which can differ from public and b2b purposes.

You can still set decimal places different from the locale defaults
where necessary.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/