[dev] [cvs] commit: CVSROOT avail

Duck duck at obala.net
Tue Nov 20 23:57:15 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 20 of November 2007 22:21:23 Jan Schneider wrote:
> >> - cache poll data
> >
> > Sure.
>
> Don't overdo caching data. Don't cache for caching's sake. If at the
> end of the day you find out that performance is not as good as it
> could be, you can still see if caching helps. But a properly designed
> application that doesn't rely on external data rarely needs caches.
>
> Jan.

Having more then 800 queries per second in average (73% of them are selects)
on my SQL server even while using cached applications and seeing big site
like face books, yahoo etc. having dedicated memcaced servers I cannot join
your opinion. Is not just a matter of performance but more about load
balancing.

Duck