[dev] Strange problems that could be related to php5-5.2.5 upgrade or not.

eculp eculp at encontacto.net
Thu Nov 22 16:45:05 UTC 2007

Quoting eculp <eculp at encontacto.net>:

> Quoting Duck <duck at obala.net>:
>
>> On Tuesday 20 of November 2007 18:27:18 eculp wrote:
>>>    I can no longer see the wiki pages although I can see the
>>>    page source and I can edit them.  This could be either
>>>    the php5 upgrade or one of the pear wiki upgrades.
>>
>> I head the same problem. Caused by htmlspecialchars() converting a strange
>> character. I didn't go deeper since 5.2.5 was crashing some times
>> without any
>> special reason, so I downgraded. I guess is something related with the
>> change “Fixed htmlentities/htmlspecialchars not to accept partial multibyte
>> sequences.”
>>
>> Duck
>
> Thanks, Duck.  That does confirm the 5.2.5 problem.  I think I will
> need to downgrade too :(

I have reported a bug in Pear, although I'm not really sure that the
problem isn't in php but I am hoping that php is correct and that
correcting it caused the pear bug.  If anyone with more experience
thanks it is a php problem I can open a ticket there also.

If anyone is interested the report is at:
           http://pear.php.net/bugs/bug.php?id=12490
If anyone else is seeing this and has an idea for a fix or a work
around without downgrading all the php5-5.2.5 stuff, I would
appreciate your sharing it.

Happy Thanksgiving for all of you in the US and/or celebrate it.

ed