[dev] [cvs] commit: incubator/thomas edit.php

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Thu Nov 29 16:20:33 UTC 2007

Quoting Duck <duck at obala.net>:

>>   Log:
>>   Shouldn't be using tinymce anywhere - this probably needs additional
>>   cleanup, sorry.
>>
>>   Revision  Changes    Path
>>   1.22      +2 -2      incubator/thomas/edit.php
>>
>>   Chora Links:
>>
>> http://cvs.horde.org/diff.php/incubator/thomas/edit.php?r1=1.21&r2=1.22&ty=
>
> why not use tinymce ?

We've been moving toward (I think) xinha as the default editor, and
honestly I see limited usefulness in supporting multiple editors
directly in Horde apps (having Horde_Editor classes that can load from
a user-configured URL makes sense to me, but I'd like to get some of
the editors out of CVS - it's just a maintenance headache, among other
things).

And tinymce is a real pain to work with - I know Michael S. had some
frustrations with it in DIMP (we don't even support it in DIMP
anymore), and I've used it outside of Horde with the end result of a
lot of frustration and head banging.

So even if we keep both xinha and fckeditor I'd like to get rid of tinymce.

-chuck