[dev] [cvs] commit: genie item.php wishlists.php genie/lib Genie.php base.php genie/po genie.pot sl_SI.po genie/templates/wishlists shared.inc

Duck duck at obala.net
Thu Dec 20 17:01:43 UTC 2007

On Monday 03 of December 2007 16:09:26 Jan Schneider wrote:
> Zitat von Duck <duck at obala.net>:
> > duck        2007-12-02 09:14:55 EST
> >
> >   Modified files:
> >     .                    item.php wishlists.php
> >     lib                  Genie.php base.php
> >     po                   genie.pot sl_SI.po
> >     templates/wishlists  shared.inc
> >   Log:
> >   Don't automatically create wishlist. A lot of users just visits
> > the module just to look like without actually use it. So create user
> > default wishlist only when needed (adding item or navigate to
> > wishlist management)
>
> This is contrary to any existing Horde application. Please revert.

I must disappoint here. For example, by just accessing the their wishlist
genie created 3,075 shares, but only 233 users have actually entered their
whises. So I would have a lot of shares to be loaded (slower sql, bigger ram
usage, longer loops). As Genie now is PHP5 I beleive that we should allow
this approach for Horde4 or even encourage it. I have 58K ram usage just for
have online (from 1.000 to 1.500) current approach is really problematic as I
often fall even in maximum execution time in Shares or DT.

Duck