[dev] Genie list advice

Duck duck at obala.net
Thu Dec 20 16:49:35 UTC 2007

On Monday 03 of December 2007 16:36:57 Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:
> Quoting Duck <duck at obala.net>:
> > I tried to minimize the load of listing wishlist but on the and we
> > always need
> > the whole list for preparing the panel list. I checked my SQL log I can
> > see 16 queries are performed to list my only wishlist item. I know this
> > is because of shares and I cannot directly avoid them. But has anyone an
> > idea how to additionally minimize the selections? Save wishlist names in
> > session is one possibility but mybe stored data will be a little bit to
> > big to push them into session, and add them in the cache is a little mess
> > since we will need a cache entry for every user and we won't be able to
> > expire cache for their users if someone change his permissions.
>
> Do you have share caching turned on?

Of course, otherwise I cannot survive :). When the shares are loaded seems to
work fine, but when Genie is opened for the first time I very often fall in a
fatal error of maximum execution time of 3 seconds exceeded in Share.php or
DataTree.php. (web server is loading data from a salve mysql server as I have
two dedicated sql servers master and slave)

I test even ta ram usage - 178k before the share list is loaded and after 236.
Taking in mind that I am using memcache the difference of 58k is doubled.
Multiplied for the number of possible users online is a very ugly number.

Duck