[dev] [cvs] commit: dimp/docs CHANGES

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Fri Dec 21 00:36:56 UTC 2007

>> that's where the changes done since DIMP 1.0-RC1 have been done.
>
> Except they were also done in HEAD - meaning they happened in HEAD.

Yeah, but they are irrelevant for HEAD. We never tracked bug fixes in
the HEAD changelog, with the rare exception when we were releasing new
versions from both HEAD and a branch (or generally spoken from two
different branches) that both have the same fix. Like in the last few
weeks.

>> There are no changes for 2.0-cvs yet. We could either track 1.0-cvs
>> changes in both branches, or only in the FW3 branch, and copy them
>> to 2.0-cvs each time we have a release from the FW3 branch.
>
> What we've done in the past is to keep the changes in both branches
> (if they're made in both branches) - if you do a fix in HEAD and merge
> it to FW_3, where FW_3 is on version 1.0.1-cvs, you track it in HEAD's
> CHANGES file as a change for version 1.0.1. That way HEAD still has
> the full list of changes, and we have a place that has the full history.

We've actually done both, because we often maintain three branches and
didn't track changes from the oldest branch in the HEAD's changelog.
But I'm fine with that.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/