[dev] [cvs] commit: nag/lib/Block summary.php

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Thu Dec 27 03:43:42 UTC 2007

Quoting John Morrissey <jwm at horde.net>:

> FWIW, I did it this way since the other PEAR_Error trap in
> Horde_Block_nag_summary::_content() returned the message as text (instead of
> the whole object). Looks like horde/portal/index.php just echos the return
> value, which yields (with PHP 5.2):
>
> Catchable fatal error: Object of class PEAR_Error could not be converted to
> string in /home/jwm/test.php on line 7

That's only with httpclient updates, which was a bug which has now
been fixed in HEAD and FW_3 - thanks!

It also looks like I was misremembering our policy on handling errors
in blocks - I took a quick look and all of our apps return formatted
strings or otherwise handle errors in _content(). So I've reverted my
changes and added <em> around the messages like we do in other apps.
Thanks again.

-chuck