[dev] Audit trailing in Hermes

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Fri Jan 4 15:57:15 UTC 2008

Quoting Manilal Krishnapillai <manilal.krishnapillai at ejyothi.com>:

> The audit trail search may be a problem if we use the serialized data,
> but otherwise we have to create separate log tables for the timeslice,
> deliverables and jobtype. I think that serialized format is better
> than having separate tables. Is there any better solution for this
> issue ?

Well, my question is if search is a requirement. If so, I think you
have to go the separate table route. It would still be possible to
generalize it - you just define the audit table as the base table +
several well-defined fields, and then a general audit library can
handle it (especially if you integrate something like RDO that does
database introspection).

-chuck