[dev] [cvs] commit: genie item.php wishlists.php genie/lib Genie.php base.php genie/po genie.pot sl_SI.po genie/templates/wishlists shared.inc

Duck duck at obala.net
Sat Jan 12 13:27:42 UTC 2008

On Thursday 20 of December 2007 22:11:19 Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:
> > For example, by just accessing the their wishlist
> > genie created 3,075 shares, but only 233 users have actually entered
> > their whises. So I would have a lot of shares to be loaded (slower sql,
> > bigger ram usage, longer loops). As Genie now is PHP5 I beleive that we
> > should allow this approach for Horde4 or even encourage it. I have 58K
> > ram usage just for loading the (mostly empty) wishlists. Multiplying form
> > the number of users I have online (from 1.000 to 1.500) current approach
> > is really problematic as I often fall even in maximum execution time in
> > Shares or DT.
>
> Isn't the solution here the datatree replacement? If you need this
> now, I'd suggest focusing there (Horde_Tree should be expanded with
> backends for storing/reading trees and the current code in renderers
> or Horde_View helpers).

I am forced to do this. As my wishlists grown over 5.000 and with the current
architecture I cannot even retrieve them.

So I should focus on horde_tree... Should I try to solve this particular
problem or do it in a more general way to allow later share replacement
globally? Are there any particular things I must have in mind here?

Duck