[dev] [cvs] commit: genie item.php wishlists.php genie/lib Genie.php base.php genie/po genie.pot sl_SI.po genie/templates/wishlists shared.inc

duck at obala.net duck at obala.net
Thu Jan 17 11:14:33 UTC 2008

> I appreciate that, and that you're pushing the Horde infrastructure
> harder than some people are, and you're trying to improve it. Which is
> awesome. But it doesn't mean that all of your local changes are right
> for Horde CVS.

I know that all cannot be accepted, at least in the original form. I
already  have a set of local patches we apply only locally. And those
I think I it can  suits a general purpose I submit them for comments.

> The specs we've been aiming for for the new share driver are:
>
> - doesn't have to handle hierarchies (I'm hoping we can intersect a
> list of shares matching a permission with a separate tree structure
> with good performance, to handle apps like Trean and Ansel).

As I use Trean on my community, hierarchies are one of mine next tasks
as soon  I will find some free time.

> - there is a set of standard data that should be stored as real
> fields, and additional fields (custom share attributes) can be a
> serialized text field. I think the list is name, owner, and the
> permissions, but I might be missing one or two.

You are missing "desc". Altrough I think that serialization is not
good here. At first you will be force to actually load all the data
and check permissions inside php, better are the current DT
attributes. Second: you will loose the ability to search shares by
attributes. Altrough I didn't see that is used anywhere. What is the
meaning here? To not force admins to create dedicated tables?

Duck