[dev] [cvs] commit: genie item.php wishlists.php genie/lib Genie.php base.php genie/po genie.pot sl_SI.po genie/templates/wishlists shared.inc

Duck duck at obala.net
Tue Jan 22 12:04:25 UTC 2008

On Thursday 17 of January 2008 19:21:22 Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:
> But in general, what Michael said: I want shares to go back to being a
> way to just list permitted resources (it could actually re-merge with
> Perms) and leave the hierarchy and additional info to a separate
> storage.

Having additional info to a separate storage like currently in Ansel is still
a bottleneck. As you must still go into the database twice, create two
objects and two DB connections. If is really needed we can separate tables,
but data must be picked up in one run. Storing additional data in the main
table avoids another (not needed) JOIN.

Duck