[dev] [cvs] commit: genie item.php wishlists.php genie/lib Genie.php base.php genie/po genie.pot sl_SI.po genie/templates/wishlists shared.inc

Michael Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Tue Jan 22 15:59:53 UTC 2008

Quoting Duck <duck at obala.net>:

> On Thursday 17 of January 2008 19:21:22 Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:
>> But in general, what Michael said: I want shares to go back to being a
>> way to just list permitted resources (it could actually re-merge with
>> Perms) and leave the hierarchy and additional info to a separate
>> storage.
>
> Having additional info to a separate storage like currently in Ansel is still
> a bottleneck. As you must still go into the database twice, create two
> objects and two DB connections. If is really needed we can separate tables,
> but data must be picked up in one run. Storing additional data in the main
> table avoids another (not needed) JOIN.

Wouldn't we have to make assumptions about how the perms are stored?
This would assume that perms are always stored in SQL, plus, I don't
see how we could merge perms data with application specific data in
the same table without giving each application it's own perms driver.
Or am I missing the boat here on what your trying to say?

Thanks,
mike

--
The Horde Project (www.horde.org)