[dev] ansel gallery properties page / gallery permissions

Michael Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Mon Feb 4 18:32:16 UTC 2008

> Quoting Michael Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>:
>
>>> Why not just add a "Go" button inside <noscript> for the gallery
>>> actions drop-down?
>>
>> Adding another submit type button can mess with the 'default' action
>>  when the enter key is pressed.  From what I've read, some browsers
>> won't even recognise a default submit if more than one is present,
>> and  those that do are not necessarily consistent with *which*
>> submit is  considered default...and I remember from previous
>> discussion with  you(?) that allowing enter press to submit tags
>> even without js was  desired.
>
> I'm confused. I thought we were taking about the Choose Action
> dropdown containing gallery actions.

Yea, sorry, that's how this particular thread started...I was just
kinda adding a seperate (non?) issue on to it :)

> First of all, there's a ticket
> for moving that to an expandable/collapsible panel.

Yep, starting too look at that, that's what brought be to that part of
the code to begin with :)

Second, there's no
> submit button for that form (if it's not its own form, then it should
> and can be). So what default actions and enter key behavior can be
> interfered with by adding a noscript button to it?

Well, sure, if you want the easy way :)  Silly me.  I remember trying
seperate forms when I added the tag stuff...but I think I tried doing
the tag form seperate, which, of course wouldn't work since it's
included inside the existing gallery form...don't think I ever tried
or even thought of doing the actions seperate...ah well.
Thanks....again.

Thanks,
mike

--