[dev] Checking Joomla templates

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Thu Feb 28 20:03:39 UTC 2008

Quoting Elier Delgado <elier.delgado at gmail.com>:

> Particularly I want to allow to horde to be more flexible with their
> templates, maybe like Joomla's templates,
> so I'm reading about this, to later try to implementing something for Horde,
> the things is keep compatibility with
> the actuals horde applications, :(
>
> http://docs.joomla.org/Category:Templates
>
> I think that this could be a important issue for Horde, maybe one solutions
> is start a new CMS based on Horde, but detached from the actuals Horde
> templates, integrated with the others Horde's applications by theirs APIs,
> trying to find a integration at VIEW level.

You can already get information out of Horde's APIs in many ways,
including by rendering Horde_Blocks.

> Or simply try to replace the actuals design structure for a flexible
> template, without any new CMS.

The view/template system for Horde 4 will be Horde_View, a simple
view-pattern implementation. I'm not really sure what you're asking or
suggesting here - that we use Joomla's templates? A CMS has different
requirements than a framework - I wouldn't want to use a CMS to build
IMP, for example...

-chuck