[dev] Checking Joomla templates

Elier Delgado elier.delgado at gmail.com
Sun Mar 2 17:30:03 UTC 2008

> > Or simply try to replace the actuals design structure for a flexible
> > template, without any new CMS.
>
> The view/template system for Horde 4 will be Horde_View, a simple
> view-pattern implementation. I'm not really sure what you're asking or
> suggesting here - that we use Joomla's templates? A CMS has different
> requirements than a framework - I wouldn't want to use a CMS to build
> IMP, for example...

I don't know if you have see this kind of templates/themes before ..
I think that are more flexible than the horde templates.

http://www.siteground.com/joomla-hosting/joomla-templates.htm
http://www.wpthemesfree.com/

My proposal it's allow to Horde change completely their appearance,
maybe this is impossible with the actuals applications,
so we can start a new version of Horde with this features, maybe could be
named "HordeFlex". Initially this versions it's empty, only flexible UI, and
new applications or features could be added little by little.

Trying to represent this idea:

The actual Horde could be this:
Horde Framework + UI (Top and Sidebar menu) + Applications

My proposal is:
Horde Framework + UI Flexible + New Applications or new versions of
traditional Horde Applications.

So, the idea it's not only facilitate one framework to the developers, else
facilitate too
a flexible UI ready to add rich applications, or use the available
applications.

I can help with this, the things it's that I want do it in the best way with
your help & suggestions, and let it public in your repository.

Regards, Elier