[dev] session handler hostspec

Martin Fraser mdf at darksnow.net
Wed Apr 9 08:47:52 UTC 2008

Hey all.

Last night I did a CVS update of my horde install from Framework_3 and
it killed horde. I've had a play about but can't make head nor tail of
what has gone wrong.

When I go the horde site it tells me:

A fatal error has occurred
Required "hostspec" not specified in session handler MySQL
configuration. The file /config/conf.php should contain a
$conf['sessionhandler']['params']['hostspec'] setting.
Details have been logged for the administrator.

Which is all well and good, but the hostspec line it is saying is
missing is there. I wrote a quick script to source the conf.php file and
print_r the $conf array to confirm and sure enough, hostspec is there
and is set to localhost, as it always has been.

I even changed the permissions on the file to 777 to make sure php could
read it.

Any ideas, this has killed my horde install, which is not a big deal
since it is only the wife and I that use it.

Thanks in advance.

Martin...