[dev] disable shares

Didi Rieder adrieder at sbox.tugraz.at
Tue May 20 09:02:04 UTC 2008

> Zitat von Didi Rieder <adrieder at sbox.tugraz.at>:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> It would be great to have a configuration option or setting which
>> allows to completely disable shares?
>> I mean that all the sql lookups (e.g. for kronolith, mnemo and nag)
>> are omitted? If the default shares are needed in such a setup the
>> could be generated dynmaically without doing the time consuming sql
>> lookups.
>
> Lock the default_* preferences.

I did that already but still queries of the following type are made:
SELECT  s.*  FROM nag_shares s  LEFT JOIN nag_shares_users AS u ON
u.share_id = s.share_id WHERE s.share_owner = 'riederd at mbox' OR
s.perm_creator & 4 OR s.perm_default & 4 OR ( u.user_uid =
'riederd at mbox' AND u.perm & 4) ORDER BY s.attribute_name ASC;

>> Shares are nice but if you run a system with >1000 active sessions and
>> serveral thousands of users they really can hit the performance.
>
> That's why we have a native SQL driver now, and share caching.

I know, and it performs better than the datatree but still it is to
slow for our system/setup. We will move the sql server to a newer
machine soon, lets see if this helps.

Didi

--
Didi Rieder