[dev] [cvs] commit: ansel .htaccess gallery.php ansel/docs lighttpd-ansel.conf ansel/lib Ansel.php api.php ansel/lib/Views Abstract.php Gallery.php GalleryLightbox.php ansel/templates/view gallery.inc gallerylightbox.inc

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Mon May 26 14:38:47 UTC 2008

Quoting Michael Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>:

> I actually did think of going this route, but thought that it would
> be  ambiguous from a user's point of view...is the second '1' a
> page, is  it an image? Since we were already doing gallery/x/image/y
> I thought  that this fit in better.

Well, it'd be clear on the page issue if we did page=x. I think
regardless of whether or not we can remove the gallery/ part, I'd
prefer to see something different from more directory levels for
parameters.

> I guess we could do something with key=val pairs in the url for a
> grouping attribute or something (user/category/tag etc...), but IMO,
>  this defeats the purpose of doing pretty, (more RESTful?) urls.

Well, part of being restful is that a URL should be a resource. It's
arguable about whether a page in a gallery is a separate resource - my
inclination would be that it's not.

-chuck