[dev] [cvs] commit: ansel/lib/Block recently_added.php

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Sat Jun 7 21:05:25 UTC 2008

Quoting "Michael Rubinsky" <mrubinsk at horde.org>:

> IMO, this greatly reduces the utility of being able to retrieve
> blocks  via the api. I do understand the concern, though. Not sure
> if it's  possible, but what about having a set of seperate block
> params that  are hidden to the user...or maybe allowing params that
> are not  explicitly defined in the block to be passed in?  Not sure
> I see how  another api method would overcome the limitation of the
> params not  being present in the blocks?
>
> I also know that there are other apps that use similar params...I
> believe Chuck did something similar in Jonah's tag cloud.

Yeah, I did, and it should be fixed too. I guess we should mostly let
blocks be thin wrappers around API methods - ideally API methods that
use Views, so they can be templated.

Not really something to mess with for Horde 3.2 - for Horde 4, we can
let blocks be anything that can be rendered with a relatively
independent view, or a way to embed partials, or ... etc.

-chuck