[dev] Ansel nits

Michael Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Mon Jun 9 17:57:23 UTC 2008

Quoting "Martin Fraser" <mdf at darksnow.net>:

> Just as an aside, I've been looking at ways to represent thumbnails as
> little slides, specifically the problem with vertical alignment, and
> found that if you create one cell tables you can leave things looking
> quote nice.
>
> The problem I have is that the size of the images must be known before
> hand, not difficult with a bit of PHP, but I would have preferred a pure
> CSS solution.

yea, and we don't currently store the size of the thumbnails, nor
could we without some difficulty as we have mulitiple thumbnails
possible for the same image_id depending on the style selected..and
I'm not sure it's worth parsing the image for the size for each
thumbnail...

> I don't know if this is helpful or might give you ideas but have a look
> on my website:

Nice looking effect...and I notice the captions are center-aligned ;)
I was trying to avoid using yet more tables-as-a-layout-tool...but the
current layout we have in the gallery view could probably due
something very similar if you desired...you would just need to add a
background color to the tile div and possibly a border.

In fact, one of the styles I've been playing with on my local install
adds a very light background color to the tile.

Thanks,
mike

--
The Horde Project (www.horde.org)