[dev] conf.php not getting loaded

Nathan Mills nathan at nwacg.net
Sun Jun 29 08:22:32 UTC 2008

Jan Schneider wrote:

> First check if this is really the culprit. If it is, then yes, you
> probably have call the Turba code manually.

It turns out that using the pref type 'select' and creating an
appropriate lib/prefs.php with the call makes it work OK.

Sad that I didn't figure this out until I had already gone the other
route, which I got partially working before realizing that there was
another way to go about it. The problem I was having with the pitiful
hack was that certain prefs wouldn't show up on the prefs page (but were
loaded if you checked in the PHP shell!) under certain conditions.

The only way it reliably "worked" is if you went a very long time
between page loads. There were other times I'd make a change to the
prefs config or some other file and have it suddenly work for one page
load, but the next time the prefs page wouldn't load all the prefs and
wouldn't even show the select dropdown for the enum, but it would
display an input box for another pref that it shouldn't show, because it
was locked, but that box wouldn't be filled in with the existing pref value.

It was all very strange, but moot now, presuming that it keeps working. ;)

-Nathan