[dev] Commit digest

duck duck at obala.net
Fri Aug 22 14:17:07 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-08-21 at 22:54 -0400, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:
> Quoting duck <duck at obala.net>:
>
> > We have a lot of modules and commits that are tracked only if they where
> > a ticked request or something that finished in module change log. And
> > again this is something too much developer closed overview. What about
> > to start publishing a weekly overview on Planet Horde of the development
> > activity like KDE's commit digests with just a short list of what
> > significant changed in last week. For example tickets solved with links
> > to tickets, new features that should be exposed like allow embedding of
> > Kronolith's calendar blocks in external websites etc.
>
> Do you see this as something compiled by hand (by a human), or
> generated automatically? I agree with Jan that an automatic one would
> be a lot of noise, and while I can certainly see the value of a weekly
> summary written by a human, it's a non-trivial commitment to do it.

Of course would be nicer to see something wrote by human with
explanation of some changes. But as we are all always out of time, I
guess that a cron job would be a good start. In the automatic process we
could add:

      * a list and links to all closed tickets
      * links to tickets that has some new related commits (to show that
        we are actually working on them)
      * a combined change log updates
      * maybe wiki (documentation) pages that were updated

Duck