[dev] Commit digest

Eric Jon Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Fri Aug 22 16:09:55 UTC 2008

Quoting duck <duck at obala.net>:

>> Do you see this as something compiled by hand (by a human), or
>> generated automatically? I agree with Jan that an automatic one would
>> be a lot of noise, and while I can certainly see the value of a weekly
>> summary written by a human, it's a non-trivial commitment to do it.
>
> Of course would be nicer to see something wrote by human with
> explanation of some changes. But as we are all always out of time, I
> guess that a cron job would be a good start. In the automatic process we
> could add:

Could setup an automatic process which emails to a real person (maybe me,
maybe not) who then edits it by hand (remove unimportant stuff, add
comments and stuff, etc) and then posts it somehow.

Best of both worlds, so to speak...

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

This message is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind,
either expressed or implied.  Use this message at your own risk.