[dev] Ansel and Postgres db

Jos W van der Woude jos at veerkade.com
Fri Sep 12 08:19:36 UTC 2008

Hi,

Yesterday I installed Horde from cvs.
I am using a postgres db.

I am running into a problem with the ansel.sql script.

The script uses type blob, which pgsql does not have. I have run into
this before and changed type to bytea.

This generates an error on the following line:
CREATE INDEX ansel_faces_index_index_part_idx ON ansel_faces_index
(index_part (30));

psql:ansel.sql:48: ERROR:  function index_part(integer) does not exist
LINE 1: ..._faces_index_index_part_idx ON ansel_faces_index (index_part...
                                                              ^
HINT:  No function matches the given name and argument types. You
might need to add explicit type casts.

So I added an explicit typecast, like ...

CREATE INDEX ansel_faces_index_index_part_idx ON ansel_faces_index
(index_part (CAST (30 AS BYTEA)));

psql:ansel.sql:48: ERROR:  cannot cast type integer to bytea
LINE 1: ..._idx ON ansel_faces_index (index_part (CAST (30 AS BYTEA)));
                                                               ^
At this point I am stuck.

Any ideas?

Jos