[dev] Exciting find

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Wed Sep 17 19:58:47 UTC 2008

> Once this is done and I have tested for a bit, I'm going to slowly
> replace (function by function) the current imap_* calls in IMP.  One
> note: this is going to break POP3 in HEAD since there will be no
> corresponding driver once in Horde_Imap_Client that supports POP3
> (do we want to continue supporting POP 3 in IMP 5?  Or else someone
> will have to write a POP3 driver for Horde_Imap_Client although this
> really isn't high on my priority list).

Yes, I think we should keep supporting POP3. Even though POP3 sucks,
it one of the nice features that IMP is working with any mail server.
But if I understand the library correctly, POP3 support should still
work with the c-client driver, just not with the socket driver, correct?

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/