[dev] local git repository re: imp IMAP/MIME changes

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Thu Oct 30 16:53:36 UTC 2008

MMS: Looks like I sent to the wrong address the other day.  Let's try again:

My 15 minutes of learning git for the day... I've set up a repository
on one of my local machines where I will attempt to keep changes until
they get merged back into HEAD.

I've split into two separate packages, which require 2 separate git
installations.  So you need two URLs to access them.

framework can be found in (changes found in the MIME and IMAP packages):
http://curecanti.org:4322/

imp can be found at:
http://curecanti.org:4323/

Hopefully I've configured my firewall properly so that they can be accessed.

I've started to make changes to dimp as well, but didn't set up a git
repository for it yet.

IMP is surprisingly useable at this point.  Meaning viewing mailboxes,
messages, folders. and searching all works (mostly) great.  There is
still some work to be done regarding rendering some messages, and I
have decided that the time to rewrite the IMP_Contents/MIME_Contents
rendering is now rather than later.  Also, doing message actions while
viewing messages will break things - I'm in the process of reworking
how we are going to store cached mailbox sorted lists.  DIMP and MIMP
are broken and will remain so for awhile.

michael