[dev] local git repository re: imp IMAP/MIME changes

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Sat Nov 1 22:47:14 UTC 2008

>> 3. For the framework stuff - I really am only tracking changes to
>> the MIME package since it has been completely rewritten (there are
>> several small changes in Horde_Imap_Client to use the new paths to
>> MIME also).  I need to keep grabbing other updates from CVS.  So I
>> would have no idea how to begin to setup a branch for just this -
>> especially since I thought we were going to upload everything to
>> the main horde branch at once?
>
> The thought had been to move over libs once they were converted for
> PHP 5. I'm not so sure that's still the best strategy, though.
>
> Anyone want to pitch a strategy here?

I still think this is the best strategy. Moving the libraries over
one-by-one forces us to make sure that each package:
- indeed has been reviewed, converted, refactored
- works with as few dependencies as necessary
- works separately from Horde applications (configuration etc)
- has at least some basic unit tests

At least that's what I hope this strategy gets us.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/