[dev] local git repository re: imp IMAP/MIME changes

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Sat Nov 1 15:40:57 UTC 2008

> 1. I wasn't aware that the horde git repo was fully functional yet?

Well, the repository is created. We don't have all the tools set up
for it, but there are commit (well, push) messages, and it's there.
Everything else is a matter of degree I think.

> 2. This is an opportunity for me to learn git.  Which also means
> breaking things along the way (failed reverts, etc.)

I imagine we'll all have some of that...

> 3. For the framework stuff - I really am only tracking changes to
> the MIME package since it has been completely rewritten (there are
> several small changes in Horde_Imap_Client to use the new paths to
> MIME also).  I need to keep grabbing other updates from CVS.  So I
> would have no idea how to begin to setup a branch for just this -
> especially since I thought we were going to upload everything to the
> main horde branch at once?

The thought had been to move over libs once they were converted for
PHP 5. I'm not so sure that's still the best strategy, though.

Anyone want to pitch a strategy here?

-chuck