[dev] local git repository re: imp IMAP/MIME changes

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Mon Nov 3 17:34:11 UTC 2008

> Those ideas came from experience. There are a buch of libraries in
> framework that I actually wanted to review/refactor when we changed
> to the framework packages layout. They still haven't been touched.
> I think we need some trigger or force to actually do something about
> this and to create packages that are really usable as separate
> libraries through pear distribution.
>
> If that doesn't work, we have to go another way of course, but I
> still think this is the best approach. Having some libraries in cvs
> and some in git shouldn't be too hard, with adding some more magic
> to horde-fw-symlink.php.

Sounds like I should wait for the continuation of this discussion in
the board meeting tomorrow.

Of my personal work, I think that Horde_Imap_Client, the new MIME
framework, and the new imp could/should be moved over to git as none
of that code is used by the current CVS code, nor can it be used by
the CVS code.

michael