[dev] [commits] [horde]Horde branch, master, updated. 8a28c9082fced29b8971c8464e2b591245cd449e

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Wed Nov 12 00:39:41 UTC 2008

>>> When the library in question isn't being completely ripped apart,
>>> I'd like to have just one version of a library between CVS HEAD
>>> and git. I see this version is slightly different - are these the
>>> changes you emailed about a week ago or so? I've been meaning to
>>> respond to that and just haven't gotten to it yet.
>>
>> Unfortunately, imp would be completely broken without these
>> changes.  I've already wasted way too much time trying to get this
>> to work, so that's why I committed something that does make it at
>> least work for now.
>
> Okay. I may have a different approach in mind for application
> libraries than you're thinking. I'll get to your email and sort it
> out at some point.

OK. Again - I will probably defer to anything you come up with because
you are much more of an expert on this topic than me.

>> Is Autoloader really undergoing that much hacking that we need to
>> remove from CVS at this time?
>
> No, but why have things - especially, it seems, things that are
> stable - in more than one place?

I wasn't sure if Autoloader was being used anywhere in CVS.  But I
guess we are pretty much requiring a CVS + Git checkout now so that
becomes less of an issue.

BTW, I don't see where in horde-fw-symlinks.php that it does both CVS
and git installation like was mentioned in an e-mail a few days ago.
As of right now, I have to manually symlink the framework libs that
live in the git tree in order to work properly (having a CVS and git
install on top of each other really doesn't work well unfortunately).

michael