[dev] [horde] Ansel error when trying to connect to new gallery

eculp eculp at encontacto.net
Sat Nov 15 16:39:14 UTC 2008

Quoting Michael Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>:

> Well, the only thing useful in what you've provided me is that your
> server is segfaulting.  Nothing in the horde log looks out of place
> from what I can see. Segfaults are never the fault of PHP code,
> although the PHP code might be hitting against a bug in PHP or one
> of the loaded modules.  If I had to guess, I would suggest removing
> the Suhosin module from your server to see if that is the cause...it
> is notorious for causing hard-to-grok issues.

I replied to this earlier but it never made it to the list once for
mail size limitations and the other, who knows.

Extension ordering seems to play a big part in SIG 11 faults. I
haven't read the complete thread but I would suggest that you or
anyone else that has issues with php/pear sigfaults take a quick look
at http://www.pingle.org/category/computers/freebsd. Jim has even
written a script to reorder the extensions.ini file at:
http://www.pingle.org/files/fixphpextorder.sh
Be sure and check the paths in the script as it is written for a
FreeBSD installation.

This may or may not be your problem, so good luck.

ed