[dev] Sharing portal blocks

Michael Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Sat Dec 20 14:55:57 UTC 2008

This is already possible, though not by sharing the blocks. Just make
sure that the resource that you want to be available has the correct
permissions.  To follow your example, make sure that the folder
containing the bookmarks you want shared has the correct permissions
for the people you want it shared with.  Then each user can add
his/her own bookmark block to their portal - the shared bookmarks
folder will appear in the choices of bookmarks to display in the
block.  To take it a step further, you could provide the preconfigured
block as a default preference by setting the appropriate values in the
prefs.php file - though this is a bit more complicated if your not
familiar with the structure of the blocks settings. If you would like
help doing this, feel free to ask on list.

Quoting jacques_beaudoin at videotron.ca: