[dev] Performance issues with IMP git

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Thu Jan 8 17:29:57 UTC 2009

Does anybody else see really bad performance using IMP from git? I'm
talking about over 20 seconds for a page request, no matter whether
viewing a single message or a virtual folder.
Further analysis shows that most of the time (each around 40%) is
spent in fgets() and feof() called from
Horde_Imap_Client_Socket::_getLine(). From message.php they are called
38/36 times, from my virtual inbox 404/372 times.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/