[dev] Performance issues with IMP git

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Thu Jan 8 17:39:10 UTC 2009

> Does anybody else see really bad performance using IMP from git? I'm
> talking about over 20 seconds for a page request, no matter whether
> viewing a single message or a virtual folder.
> Further analysis shows that most of the time (each around 40%) is
> spent in fgets() and feof() called from
> Horde_Imap_Client_Socket::_getLine(). From message.php they are called
> 38/36 times, from my virtual inbox 404/372 times.

Nope - instantaneous for me.  (I'm glad to get feedback, though. I
kind of figured the code wasn't perfect :) )

fgets/feof should be called that many times - those functions should
be called once for every line of input read from the stream.  Maybe
there's an issue with stream blocking on your system - possibly play
around with socket_set_blocking() and see if that fixes things(?)

michael