[dev] Imap_Client

Michael Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Tue Jan 13 17:46:36 UTC 2009

Quoting Didi Rieder <adrieder at sbox.tugraz.at>:

> Quoting Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck at horde.org>:
>
>> http://horde.org/source/git.php
>>
>> Again: HEAD is going to bumpy for a while. And right now you need
>> both git and CVS for HEAD.
>
> Sorry for my stupid question, but how do I combine those two?

Not a stupid question...some of these issues are still being worked
out...hence Chuck's comment that HEAD is going to to be bumpy.  This
is what *I'm* currently doing if this helps, but keep in mind that
this is not to be taken as official documentation - just what works
for my way of working :)

---

Get most recent checkouts of all repositories.

Create two different directories for the CVS and Git framework/pear libraries.

Run the horde-fw-symlinks.php script once for the CVS framework,
linking it to the pear directory for Horde CVS, then run it again for
the git repositories (I run it for both the 'horde' and the
'horde-hatchery' repositories.

ex: horde-fw-symlinks.php --src /var/www/html/horde/framework --dest
/var/www/cvspear
     horde-fw-symlinks.php --src /usr/local/githorde/framework --dest
/var/www/gitpear
     horde-fw-symlinks.php --src /usr/local/horde-hatchery/framework
--dest /var/www/gitpear

Then make sure that your include_path in PHP is setup to include the
git libraries before the CVS libraries. You can do this either in
php.ini or in lib/core.php etc...

For the *applications* that are currently in Git what *I've* been
doing is actually just copying the application directory back and
forth from the git repository into my /horde directory - as I ran into
way too many issues with workarounds for dealing with symlinks.

very bumpy indeed.

mike

--
The Horde Project (www.horde.org)