[dev] Imap_Client

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Tue Jan 13 17:54:58 UTC 2009

Zitat von Michael Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>:

> Quoting Didi Rieder <adrieder at sbox.tugraz.at>:
>
>> Quoting Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck at horde.org>:
>>
>>> http://horde.org/source/git.php
>>>
>>> Again: HEAD is going to bumpy for a while. And right now you need
>>> both git and CVS for HEAD.
>>
>> Sorry for my stupid question, but how do I combine those two?
>
> Not a stupid question...some of these issues are still being worked
> out...hence Chuck's comment that HEAD is going to to be bumpy.  This
> is what *I'm* currently doing if this helps, but keep in mind that
> this is not to be taken as official documentation - just what works
> for my way of working :)
>
> ---
>
> Get most recent checkouts of all repositories.
>
> Create two different directories for the CVS and Git framework/pear
> libraries.
>
> Run the horde-fw-symlinks.php script once for the CVS framework,
> linking it to the pear directory for Horde CVS, then run it again
> for the git repositories (I run it for both the 'horde' and the
> 'horde-hatchery' repositories.
>
> ex: horde-fw-symlinks.php --src /var/www/html/horde/framework --dest
> /var/www/cvspear
>     horde-fw-symlinks.php --src /usr/local/githorde/framework --dest
> /var/www/gitpear
>     horde-fw-symlinks.php --src /usr/local/horde-hatchery/framework
> --dest /var/www/gitpear
>
> Then make sure that your include_path in PHP is setup to include the
> git libraries before the CVS libraries. You can do this either in
> php.ini or in lib/core.php etc...

Alternatively you can simply symlink them all to the same directory,
since there are no duplicate packages.

> For the *applications* that are currently in Git what *I've* been
> doing is actually just copying the application directory back and
> forth from the git repository into my /horde directory - as I ran
> into way too many issues with workarounds for dealing with symlinks.

I'm currently playing with git and cvs checkouts combined into a
single directory. That seems to work well so far, since git uses the
.git/ directory and cvs the CVS/ directories to track their files.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/