[dev] What to do with imp, mimp, dimp, chora, kronolith in CVS?

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Thu Jan 15 03:10:16 UTC 2009

Hi folks-

We've now moved major development on imp, mimp, dimp, chora, and
kronolith from CVS to the hatchery git repository. It's awkward to
have CVS hanging out, and leaves us in a bit of an undefined position
also. We should clarify what CVS HEAD means for applications that are
in git also, or if those apps should go away in CVS.

My preference would be to do what we're doing for libraries: remove
HEAD from CVS when they're moved to git. However, that makes the CVS
repository a bit less friendly as an archive. If there was a clear way
to deprecate the CVS versions, we could do that.

The only thing I'm sure I *don't* want to do is to maintain HEAD in
both CVS and git.

-chuck