[dev] What to do with imp, mimp, dimp, chora, kronolith in CVS?

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Thu Jan 15 12:11:35 UTC 2009

> Hi folks-
>
> We've now moved major development on imp, mimp, dimp, chora, and
> kronolith from CVS to the hatchery git repository. It's awkward to
> have CVS hanging out, and leaves us in a bit of an undefined
> position also. We should clarify what CVS HEAD means for
> applications that are in git also, or if those apps should go away
> in CVS.
>
> My preference would be to do what we're doing for libraries: remove
> HEAD from CVS when they're moved to git. However, that makes the CVS
> repository a bit less friendly as an archive. If there was a clear
> way to deprecate the CVS versions, we could do that.
>
> The only thing I'm sure I *don't* want to do is to maintain HEAD in
> both CVS and git.

While technically it would make sense to remove CVS HEAD for those
apps, it's kinda awkward when using Chora while maintaining FW_3,
because all files are in the attic, and if you show the attic, you
also get the cruft from 10 years.
So, I'd vote for leaving CVS HEAD of the apps as long as we maintain
FW_3. We may want to add a 1ST_README to those though.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/