[dev] [commits] Horde branch master updated. dd7ea270ec3db2d7d69c3510b89d6a0cc3dacff2

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Mon Jan 19 18:23:16 UTC 2009

>> commit f2f253d0a36c38339ed9bff25250609780a37191
>> Author: Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at curecanti.org>
>> Date:   Sun Jan 18 23:31:34 2009 -0700
>>
>>    Imported Horde_Editor from CVS HEAD.
>
> I'd like to see this library be entirely turned into a view helper for
> Horde 4 - we should be moving all Horde libraries that output HTML to
> either use view templates, or be view helpers. And Horde_Editor
> specifically should probably never have been a top-level package.
>
> If there's any question about where a library should go in git when
> porting it to Horde 4, or a PHP 5 question, don't hesitate to send it
> to the dev list (Michael, not saying that was the case here, despite
> my opinions :)

Understood about view stuff.  But right now, I need to clean some
stuff up so I can add a bit of functionality to the editor stuff
(browser checking needs to be done in whatever class we eventually use
to generate the necessary JS code, *not* in Horde_Browser::).  So I
would rather add that stuff now (I am not adding code to CVS HEAD)
when I have the opportunity.  With git, it is also trivial to
add/remove directories, etc., so if this code is eventually moved into
something else, that is fine with me.  With that being said, maybe
horde-hatchery would have been a better place to import instead of
horde-git.

Is the view code ready yet?  At this point, I don't know enough about
the code/layout/theory to start adding controllers/helpers yet.  But
that shouldn't prevent some level of development from going forward,
especially if that work can be folded into the future view code.

michael