[dev] [commits] Horde branch master updated. dd7ea270ec3db2d7d69c3510b89d6a0cc3dacff2

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Mon Jan 19 19:31:33 UTC 2009

> Understood about view stuff.  But right now, I need to clean some
> stuff up so I can add a bit of functionality to the editor stuff
> (browser checking needs to be done in whatever class we eventually use
> to generate the necessary JS code, *not* in Horde_Browser::).  So I
> would rather add that stuff now (I am not adding code to CVS HEAD)
> when I have the opportunity.  With git, it is also trivial to
> add/remove directories, etc., so if this code is eventually moved into
> something else, that is fine with me.  With that being said, maybe
> horde-hatchery would have been a better place to import instead of
> horde-git.

Yes, of course, and that's fine. I don't have a good rule for when to
use the hatchery and when to go directly to the main repo; this is
probably small enough to not matter. And like you say, it's trivial to
move stuff around in git. Maybe we should be using the main repo for
anything not new or under completely rehaul, even. I don't know.

> Is the view code ready yet?  At this point, I don't know enough about
> the code/layout/theory to start adding controllers/helpers yet.  But
> that shouldn't prevent some level of development from going forward,
> especially if that work can be folded into the future view code.

Yes, your work can probably be folded in just fine. The view code is
basically "ready", yes, though it's far from complete. I have a few
small apps that use the full horde_controller/horde_routes/horde_view
stack, and Michael R. and I are both using it on our personal sites.

That said, there's plenty to add to it, especially in the area of view
helpers and model and form integration.

-chuck