[dev] [commits] Horde-Support branch master updated. 438b8792a8c8e06649ba230b6a37a025bda827a0

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Wed Feb 4 00:41:26 UTC 2009

Quoting Michael Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>:

>> How about using the changed file names in the subject like we do
>> with CVS messages? I find this very handy when searching for commits
>> in the mailing list archive.
>
> This is THE number one thing that I miss about using CVS.  I would be
> very much in favor of something like this.

Disagree here.  With the ability to have multiple commits, having file
names in the subject is not useful IMHO.  Mailman truncates long
subjects anyway.

Git/chora is going to make it much easier to search for commit
information - especially since patchsets are natively supported.
IMHO, this will be the preferred way to search commits in the future
(which is a big improvement over mailing list trolling).

michael