[dev] Hermes - Assign Cost Objects to Employees

Manilal K M manilal at ejyothi.com
Fri Feb 13 06:58:29 UTC 2009

Hello all,
   We have been using Hermes as our timesheet application for the past
3 years and our employees feel very much comfortable due to the
simplicity of the application.

Basically employees report their time against the
Deliverables(Projects) created in Deliverables section. Initially we
have only very limited number of projects and it was easy to maintain.
But recently we had a rapid growth in number of Cost objects due to
the implementation of certain process(more accurately CMMI).
Currently there are more than 50 cost objects/client and employees
feel difficulty in choosing the right cost object.

The possible solution is a feature to assign cost objects to the
employees, so that they can view only the relevant Cost Objects.

This would also involve addition of a database
table(hermes_empdeliverables) with the following fields:
empdeliverable_id integer Primary key
employee_id varchar(255)
deliverable_id integer

If this feature makes sense, then I would be happy to create a feature
request in bug tracker and create a patch for the same.

regards

--
Manilal K M
eJyothi Services