[dev] [commits] Horde branch master updated.

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Mon Feb 23 19:25:31 UTC 2009

>> This package isn't yet updated for Horde 4. Can we please put packages
>> from existing PHP 4/Horde 3 code into the hatchery for now, until they
>> are rewritten?
>
> It was rewritten.  Unless I am missing out on something.  Checklist:
>
> Convert to PHP 5 (__construct, use __destruct instead of
> register_shutdown_function)  DONE
> Convert to exception handling  DONE
> Convert to new PEAR package structure  DONE
> Autloading  DONE
>
> The only thing I didn't do is change the case of the driver names.
> But that's a little trickier because it relies on config values on
> users' servers rather than a code line I can change.  Obviously, I can
> do ucfirst()'ing, but I'd rather not bring in String:: as a dependency.

This is the thing I noticed. I also question the package name, vs.
Horde_Session_Adapter or something like that - naming/package
organization is a big thing for me with these library ports.

For the backends, Horde 4 is assuming utf-8, so it should be safe for
ascii strings (like backend names are) to just use ucfirst. This is
what Horde_Db does. We can revisit it later if I'm wrong on the
charset implications. Definitely don't bring in String:: though.

-chuck